Welcome! I’m so glad you’re here!
What I have to offer you is encouragement, motivation, and plenty of Bible teaching from The Book of Proverbs Regarding Faith, Life and Work.
Moreover, I share how you too can live a joyful and Christ-honoring life in my weekly email newsletter, which you can subscribe to while also downloading a FREE COPY of my latest ebook (AMBITIOUS: 7 Keys to Living a Life of Sanctified Greatness).
Join over 25,000 other people and I will show you how to…
- Discover how God designed you for sanctification and to experience sustained happiness in your life, your physical health & fitness, your relationships, your career, and your daily walk with Him.
- Apply Scripture to successfully conquer your fears of self-doubt, procrastination, shame, and failure.
- Use simple, daily systems of God’s wisdom literature to multiply your mental, physical, and spiritual stamina.
- Learn how to save time, set goals, and actually accomplish what God wants for you out of life.
A few details about me
- Born: September 15, 1974 in Joliet, Illinois.
- 2nd Birth: October-ish, 1996.
- Occupation: From December 2011 to January 2018 I was the bi-vocational Senior Pastor of a Baptist church in central California with both English-speaking and Spanish-speaking congregations (I’m currently seeking a new teaching/preaching ministry according to God’s leading). I am also a wholly independent Insurance Consultant and Sales Trainer.
- Who I Create Content For: Here are two good examples of the Ideal Reader of My Content.
- I’m the Creator/Editor of: A very popular list of The World’s Top 100 Leadership Bloggers.
- Interesting tidbits: I’m married to a beautiful woman named Kathy. I’m dad to five awesome children (the youngest two are adopted from China). I’m a published author. I believe the Green Bay Packers are the greatest team to ever play football, I’m an expert Chinese food eater, and I prefer vanilla-flavored iced coffee over hot coffee—seven days of the week.
- Social Media Connections: Facebook or Twitter.
- Email: Contact me.
I was born on September 15, 1974 in Joliet, Illinois, and then spiritually reborn at age twenty-two, while a senior in college.
I graduated from Carthage College (Kenosha, Wisconsin) with a B.A. in Psychology. Shortly thereafter, I moved away from the frozen tundra of Wisconsin to the sunny beaches of Los Angeles, California, in order to attend seminary at The Master’s Seminary.
Marriage & Fatherhood
Upon arriving in California, I met a woman named Kathy after church one Sunday afternoon. She was totally digging me and fell head-over-heels for me right away (her version is slightly different but not as much fun as mine). We were married a year later. Kathy and I have five children (Camden, Brady, Amelia, Charlotte, and Luke). Our two youngest children (Charlotte and Luke) were adopted internationally from China in March 2009 and January 2011 respectively. Amazingly, later genetic testing proved Charlotte and Luke to be full biological siblings.
After placing my theological studies on hold, I entered the corporate world and accepted a position as the Assistant Branch Manager for Transworld Systems, Inc. (via Credit Management Systems, Inc.), based out of Beverly Hills, California.
I then ventured out on my first entrepreneurial journey and established CRG Systems International, LLC, which was an organization that helped small- and medium-sized companies eliminate unwanted financial debt through arbitration, resolving trade conflict through power of attorney mediation. I made a good run at it, but that business failed after only one year.
In 2000, I closed down CRG and entered the insurance industry, accepting a position with InterWest Insurance Services, Inc. I then transferred to Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., the world’s 4th largest insurance brokerage firm, and worked my way up to Area Vice President.
However, I began to see the significant value an independent consultant — rather than an agent/broker — would bring to the “negotiation table” for business owners. I then exited the brokerage side of the business and established two insurance consulting companies (both under Permission Group Inc.), which are really two sides of the same coin:
- ConstructiveRisk.com, a wholly independent consulting and risk management business that educates commercial insurance buyers and helps them save up to 55% off their combined annual insurance costs.
- PermissionSales.com, a sales training company that teaches insurance agents how to turn prospects into clients, primarily through signed Broker of Record Letters.
Bivocational – (Faith/Life/Work)
In 2010 I served as an Associate Pastor of Madera Baptist Church in Madera, California. In December 2011, however, I accepted the call to become the bi-vocational Senior Pastor of Faith Baptist Church, where I served until January 2018.